A quick peek at our everyday meals, posted daily.
Whether easy or elegant, fast or fancy, sloppy or sophisticated, moments from our real life, chipped plates and all.
Follow on Instagram
Thanks for stopping by!
If you’re new here, check out the Start Here page. There you will learn about the Keys to the Kingdom, which are the guiding principles of The Paprika Palace. Or check out the Home page for a basic overview and a peek into the three main pillars of The Paprika Palace:
- Healthy Foods (Keeping your Kitchen Well-Stocked),
- Simplified Shopping (Grocery Lists by store, with links for online shopping coming soon), and
- Quick and Easy Recipes (Things you can easily make if you keep your kitchen stocked with items from The Paprika Palace Grocery Lists).
If you’re wondering about cost, take a look at the Let’s Talk Money page. There you will find monthly grocery spending reports, with itemized lists so you can see exactly what we spend on groceries, including what and where we buy things. And While Things Cook, brighten your mood, pique your curiosity or learn something new on the Just for Fun page.
A Few Notes
- Most meals here are “healthy”, meaning mainly whole foods, not many added fats or sugars, with few processed foods. This is what’s healthy for us. What’s healthy for you may differ.
- No red meat or pork is included in anything at The Paprika Palace. Nothing against them, we just don’t cook with them. But you can easily add meat wherever you want.
- Cooking times may vary, due to altitude, temperature of your kitchen, humidity, the cookware used, your appliances, and who knows what else.
- Cooking and baking methods provided are what work for us. They may not be the most “proper” way to do things. That’s what culinary schools are for!
- When a “Cuisine” is listed, it’s my best guess. Some foods and dishes are hard to find a country or culture of origin. Others are universal.
- Everything here is quick and easy, no cooking experience needed (unless otherwise noted). Most are make-ahead and meal-prep friendly.
- All ingredients are on The Paprika Palace Grocery Lists.
- All items on The Paprika Palace Grocery Lists are chosen based on the best price for the highest quality items that are easiest for us to get here in San Francisco.
- Costs provided are determined from items purchased in or delivered to San Francisco and may vary from region to region.
Two Final Notes
- Some recipes may contain the Healthy Heart image above and a few facts about a heart-healthy diet. These are based on information from The American Heart Association. Please note these are not endorsed by The American Heart Association, although they do abide by their guidelines. Consult your doctor or dietitian to find what’s best for you.
- If you are used to a Standard American Diet (full of pre-packaged foods, high in sugars and added fats, low fiber, lots of red meat, etc.) give these foods a few tries. It takes your body a while to adjust to any changes.